Only few sponsors in sports marketing know how to properly use blogging to supercharge sales, customer loyalty, innovation and profits. Properly setup blogging workflow on athlete’s websites that marketing companies sponsor, could help them depend customer loyalty, reach new customers, gain indispensible feedback and drive more sales.
But, it isn’t so.
While term blogging sounds simple, many companies trying to reach their audience in that space don’t do it the right way or don’t even do it. Many sponsors are not sure how to define clear goals, generate the right content with the right tools, attract visitors, build communities and avoid costly mistakes.
To assure blogging adventure go as planned, companies need to learn:
- How to launch a blog that truly represents the best of sponsors business and brand on athletes website
- Create a comprehensive, long-term blogging strategy
- Staff and budget for their blogging initiative
- Know how to integrate their athlete’s blogs with other offline and online marketing programs they are currently running
- User blogs on their athletes website to drive customers and prospects to the business
- Push up-to-the-minute information to customers via RSS and other syndication tools
- Build a thriving online community – and more importantly learn from what they tell you
- Manage comments (and decide when to have them)
- Utilize podcasts, vlogs, micro blogging and other emerging techniques on their athletes websites
- Gain business value from hot new Web 3.0 technologies, including widgets, mashups, personal agents, and the Semantic Web
To maximize their investments into athletes, sponsors should make PROPER blogging with above explained fundamentals part of their marketing mix.